Thank you Becky for nominating me for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! These awards and challenges can be a lot of fun.
Becky is the author of Welcome to My Life, Part 2, a very personal, raw and authentic blog that I follow. She tried to trace the origin of this award and found interesting info about the logo. I’m curious about it myself. But without further ado…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Put the award logo on your blog (See above)
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 10 blogs
The Question and Answer Part of Today’s Program
1. List three things that are on your Bucket List.
- Visiting the Ancient Egyptian pyramids
- Going for a month-long cycling vacation throughout the UK, stopping in tiny villages and checking out historic sites
- Visit Carcassonne, and other mystical Cathar hangouts in Southern France
(I don’t know how realistic our bucket list is supposed to be, but this is my fantasy bucket list!)
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Probably southern France. It’s more laid-back than Paris, so it might be more relaxing to live there. It’s also not far from northern Italy, so I could visit all the time. I love northern Italy but don’t know much Italian, whereas I speak enough survival French to get by.
This will all happen after I win the lottery, of course.
- What is your go-to meal when you’re home alone?
Depends on whether I want to eat something good or am just trying to shut my stomach up as fast as possible so I can get back to whatever I was doing. Usually it’s the latter, in which case, I tend to pull out corn tortillas, cheese , oil, and fry up a quick quesadilla. I dump salsa on it if I’m feeling fancy.
If I want something better, I usually make garlic parmesan or tomato soup, or some kind of pasta.
- Which books have you read multiple times? Or Movies you have watched multiple times
I love The Tao of Pooh, books by Sarah Vowell, and books about some historical women, like Anne Boleyn and Marie Antoinette. Yes, I’m a total nerd.
Movies? I don’t usually watch them multiple times, but I do love some retro films, like His Girl Friday and Casablanca, Godfather (the first) and also the Indiana Jones series (except number 2).
- What is the most embarrassing concert you’ve ever been to?
Probably Warrant at the Troubadour in Los Angeles. I was dating a British guy who was obsessed with glam rock at the time. It was fun.
- While we are on the topic of embarrassing music, what song is your guilty pleasure?
Hmm, I like lots of embarrassing songs. “A Woman in Love” by Barbara Streisand may be the most embarrassing.
- What fact about you surprises people the most?
Probably that I was in the Army. I don’t seem the type (I’m not) and have had people accuse me of lying until I showed them the paperwork, lol
- If tomorrow you win 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
I would find a good accountant or someone else who knows how to handle money, because I sure as hell don’t.
Then I would plan a trip 🙂
- What is one job you could never do?
Too many would come to mind if I thought about it, but the first one that did is working at the pound. Because I’d have to put down sweet animals all the time and it would be horrible.
- Five words your friends use to describe you.
Good questions, Becky!
My 10 Questions for my nominees
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- If you could be any animal for a day, which one would it be?
- What is your favorite world cuisine?
- If you could visit any country, which one would it be and why?
- What animal scares you most?
- If you were the opposite sex for a day, what would you do?
- If you could visit any period in history for a year, which would it be?
- Who is your favorite cartoon character?
- Are you a cat person, a dog person, both, or neither?
- What has been your favorite age, so far?
And My Nominees
I don’t want to put anyone on the spot, so I’m just gonna throw out some names here and you guys can participate if you’d like 🙂