Hello, Blogging Friends!
I’m so flattered to have just been nominated twice for the Sunshine Blogger award. First by my buddy Amanda at Just In Queso, a glorious blog celebrating cheese (which I can totally get behind) and other assorted comedy subjects, like Friends episodes. You know you want to check it out.
And if that weren’t enough, I was nominated again on the very same day by Deeksha at Jot the Thought, a lovely blog that talks about writing and blogging contests and all manner of literary shenanigans. Give her a look.
I don’t want to play favorites, so I’ll throw out the rules then answer both excellent sets of questions.
This thing is all about the number eleven.
The rules for this award:
- Answer the eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate eleven wonderful bloggers and write eleven questions for them to answer
Amanda’s Questions for Me:
- What is your favorite snack?
Hmm, hard to say because I get tired of eating the same thing and am always switching it up. But lately I’ve been eating a lot of flavored, roasted pistachios. Every night. I favor the hot or savory varieties, like jalapeño or salt & pepper.
- Where is your happy place?
Probably the bathtub, with a good book. Until I’m all pruney and my butt’s going numb.
- What is a sound you enjoy hearing?
Ocean waves. Also, the wordpress app “bing” sound that means someone’s just read something I wrote 🙂
- Tell us something weird/interesting about you.
Hmm… When I was a little girl, I made up a fake civilization run by a series of queens and built a small-scale model of it in my backyard. I invented political histories and a war and fake cultural customs and everything.
It was a total gynocracy. Even when it was briefly conquered, it was ruled by foreign queens.
- What is one thing you would change about yourself?
I’d make myself more confident and less indecisive. Or maybe something else. Maybe that wasn’t a good answer…
- What is one of your strengths?
I’m good at considering different points of view. Unfortunately, that also makes me indecisive.
- How is May going for you so far?
Can’t complain. Just went to the coast for Mother’s Day weekend and had a great time with my family.
- What is your favorite thing to do with close friends?
Travel, which doesn’t happen too often but is awesome when it does.
- What’s the last movie you saw? What did you think of it?
Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I enjoyed it and thought it was a massive improvement over the prequels. Don’t get me started on those.
- What is your least favorite “adulting” task?
Hanging out with angry adults who talk about money nonstop and take petty crap way too seriously.
- Tell us about a scar you have and how you got it.
Well, I do have a burn on my thigh from standing up to answer the phone while forgetting I had a hot curling iron in my hand. So embarrassing.
Deeksha’s Questions For Me:
- What’s your favourite pastime?
Traveling, without a doubt.
- One thing you love doing..?
Reading. I have tons of books in all kinds of different genres.
- One thing you hate doing..?
Trying on bathing suits in a store with bad fluorescent lighting. You’d really think stores would invest in better lighting to move more merchandise, because when I see what appears to be cellulite on my forearms, it makes me want to go into a trance where I draw lipstick all over my face while drooling.
- Cat person or a dog person..?
Cat person, though I don’t dislike dogs. They just stress me out with all their chipper energy.
- If you had the chance to meet one celebrity, who would it be? Why?
Neil DeGrasse Tyson, because he’s a rock star. I’d ask him a lot of questions.
- Favourite book..?
Hard to choose, but maybe Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell.
- Favourite movie..?
Also hard to choose, but maybe Godfather, part 1.
- Favourite TV show..?
Right now, The Walking Dead.
- One thing you really miss..?
Being in college. I tried to drag that out as long as possible, lol
- Favourite holiday destination..?
Paris or maybe London. But we’ve been going to Disneyland a lot because of the kiddos.
- Craziest thing you have ever done..?
Gosh. I’ll go with taking a military hop to Paris when I was in the Army. I didn’t have any accommodations set up beforehand and ran out of money while I was there. Stayed out in the rain all night one evening and slept in the airport the next.
It was an awesome trip, though.
My Questions for Nominees:
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What is your favorite sport to play?
- If you could have any magical power, what would it be?
- Are your nightmares mostly about physical or emotional danger?
- If you could spend a week in any historical time period, which one would you pick?
- If you could be successful at any job, which one would you pick?
- Would you rather have a magic flying carpet or be able to turn invisible?
- Are you air, water, earth or fire and why?
- If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do?
- If you could solve any mystery, which one would it be?
Participation in this award is voluntary, of course, and not everyone wants to play. I totally get that, so please take my nomination as a sign of my admiration instead of pressure to do more work. 🙂
Plus, some of you may have just been nominated by someone else.
- Big And Pinky Toes
- Better For That
- Mind and Life Matters
- The Mindful Author
- I Can’t Possibly Be Wrong All The Time
- My Diary
- Art By Rob Goldstein
- The Cricket Pages
- Dad Stayed Home
- Planet Simon
- It’s me Harshi
And In Conclusion:
Over and out.
(Dang, that was a lame sign-off, but I just couldn’t figure out how to end this post gracefully. Kind of like when you suddenly get super self-conscious in the middle of leaving a voicemail message, floundering between dead air, incoherent rambling and an abrupt quit. I figure anyone managing to read all the way to the end of this post needed a little shake-up, anyway.)